Research Institutes
Companies
SICT,CAS
SKY,CAS
    Home > park

Institute of Oceanology

ArticleSource: Update time: 2009-07-03
 
Brief History
On August 1, 1950, Qingdao Marine Biology Laboratory was founded as a research division of the Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. The laboratory had a total of 27 staff. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) was elected as director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng) and Zhang Xi as vice-directors.

On January 1, 1954, the Laboratory was separated and named as Marine Biology Laboratory, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) served as director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng) and Zhang Xi as vice-directors.

On January 1, 1957, the Marine Biology Laboratory was expanded to the Institute of Marine Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) was director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng), Zhang Xi and Sun Ziping were vice-directors.

ON January 1, 1959, the Institute of Marine Biology was upgraded to the Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) was director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng), Zhang Xi and Sun Ziping were vice-directors.
Picture taken at NO. 28 Laiyang Road old address of the Institute of Oceanology
TC Tung(The second from the left in the front row); C.K. Tseng(The second from the left in the rear row)
Current Look of the IOCAS
Printer Text Size: A A A   Close

Copyright © Shenyang Branch, CAS. All Rights Reserved. 辽ICP备05000863号